A lil different from my usual style of picture excitement....here's today's musings...I'm a lil overwhelmed to work.
After my furry of blogging last week, where I caught you up to date on all the pictures I had and all the last big steps of the building process things have certainly slowed down in all the ways that are important. There was a gas delay that held up the "ready to occupy" but that's been turned over to my lender and now I am simply waiting for the paperwork to push through the system. For those of you who have done this before and say ..."what's taking so long" ...I have only this to say: The lending industry is wary of the economy. The hoops are bigger, and the wait is longer. I've been told to cool my jets...so I'm trying. For me it has been extremely hard to wait for these last two weeks where nothing "notable" is happening. I'm not a patient person. I like things in my timeline!!! I've attempted to hold my lender to my timeline for my convince...however that hasn't happened quite as nicely as I'd like. My preferred closing would be Thursday or Friday - with a move in date of Saturday the 8th. Good thing I'm used to disappointments.
My biggest hurry is that I want to move in as soon as possible - however if I dont get moved in on the 8th then I'll likely not get moved in until the 19th or shortly thereafter...due to a pre-planned pack trip that I will be embarking on come the 11th. Yeah I have the life...new house that I cant move into, but heck...at least I wont be working! This years pack trip again takes us to territory unknown and never traveled by Sissy or Myself. I was asleep during most of the "plan" so all I can tell you at this point is we are heading in the direction of Yellowstone - but I'm sure we will be on the outskirts of the park as my old man stays away from people at all costs. I've been warned that we will be riding 20 miles a day - for three or four days. I may end up being ate by a bear....cause I don't imagine I'll be able to last that long. Insert good book here. ;)In preparation for this trip Pops brought Miss Daisy down for me to ride and attempt to get used to the saddle. I've certainly not ridden enough to justify being in the saddle for 80 miles! But I have enjoyed having a horse close by. I've certainly gotten rusty in the saddle.
For summer we've kept a very busy somewhat heavy workload. One partner has been really searching for new clients, and most all of them have ended up on my desk before too long. Its been a different summer than I'm used to but I've really like the added workload so you'll not hear me complain. Unless you bring up that one partner that yes, I still hate. He's a tool. However, somewhere along the line there has been an imaginary line drawn between the two of us and he no longer makes direct contact with me at all. Which works well for me. I still loath the contact I have to make with him, but it has certainly not been as bad as it used to be.
Living at Sissy's has been just the adventure I figured it would be. Full of ups and downs and this and that's. Its been fun, and yet I'm glad that its coming to an end. It was very nice of Sissy and Brett to let me live with them. My favorite moment was about week two when Brett walked past my room and gave me a "if your going to live under my roof your going to keep a clean room - so get in there and clean it." This got so many laughs that there has been a string of "if your going to live under my roof" jokes since. Its been fun to laugh with (or at) Brett for the last month! I long for the days that home is just a short 15 minutes away instead of at least an hour depending on traffic. Commuting together has been hit and miss; Sissy's rode with me at least half the days we'd planned on but her schedule is not the typical 8 to 5 and mine is 0r should be.
I do feel like I'm in a parallel universe where I'm still me but everything around me is different. It has been hard to keep in touch with the people I'm used to seeing while living in farrrr west, however I hope to remedy that just as soon as I get settled into the new place. August is always my burnout month and this August seems to be more so than normal. I miss my Augusts of old! But until my whirlwind dies down I just want to thank all of you who are supporting and getting excited for me, both near and far; it means a lot to have good people backing me. Love you all!
I'm off to direct my landscapers as to where I want my flower beds!!! Yeah I will have a lawn by end of today....thats worth missing the Cagle Concert!
Wednesday, August 05, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment