Sunday, July 26, 2009

Sun City Carnival Tour - Kenny Chesney

The 20 song 100 minute show was worth the price of the ticket, the extreme heat, and the bad traffic. Kenny put on the great show he's always put on - however after seeing him perform live on numerous occasions I can say with a certainty he had certainly lost a step or to, or that the heat was taking its toll on Kenny as well. See that excitement? Jordan (right) and Linsey (left) were my concert going pals. The three of us had a good time, and to our delight our field tickets were in the shade all night. Thankfully, or we may not have made it all night. 102 degrees in the pounding sun may have sent us into shock.
Lady Antebellum put on a pretty good show for the miserable start time of 5:45. They got quite a showing from the crowd and I think that they really have a chance to go big they have great sound quality and they are marketable. However Miranda Lambert was redneck to the core. She was shreiky and trashy - the epitimy of all that I hate about country music. She was terrible, all 70 minutes of her was pure torture. The whole time that she was on stage I realized why it was that they took our bottle caps away - they didn't want the whole place throwing them at her.

Kenny missed a few beats and the sound could have been better - as far as venues go I'd far rather see a concert out at Usanna regardless of the miserable traffic that they have out there. However all in all I'd give him a 8 of of 10 on this one. At Usanna I'll give him a 10 out of 10.
"I'm what I am and I'm what I'm not, I'm sure happy with what I've got, I live to love and laugh a lot, And thats all I need...and I never wanted nothing more!"
Kenny came back for his encore wearing a Utah hat that some fan handed him. He wore it well, but we all know that he bleeds Tennessee Orange not Ute Red, but either way, we'll take it. The encore left a little lacking as Kenny didn't sing any of his own songs but teamed with someone I still haven't figured out who he was. They did put on a good show together but I would have preferred a little more original Kenny in the end.

1 comment:

Jordan said...

Good review I agree totally! Could you email me the pics of the night? Jlu_511@hotmail.com! Thanks