Tuesday, September 09, 2008

I Heart Cagle


Last Night I attended The Chris Cagle Concert at the Utah State Fair. This was my third time seeing The Cagle. And he didn't disappoint! The man can still sing even after intensive vocal rest was enforced and he's faced some serious struggles.

He has however been able to achieve his goal as a singer/songwriter in making it to the top of the charts four times over his 8 year career. Regardless of not crashing the charts with every song, he sings from the heart and truly appreciates the fans and what they have done for him.

The first time Sissy and I saw Cagle he was determined that his "audience" get the "full" show and invited those of us in the back straight to the front. We were younger then and were right in the middle of the pack. And we rocked all night long.

The Cagle got in trouble for his antics, even though the crowd loved it and was forced to come back the following year to "make it up" and he did the same thing! ;) I love the Cagle. Now, about five years later, he was a bit more subdued at this concert, however he still found ways to get his crowd into the music. He was great to interact and he put on an awesome show.

Some of my favorite Cagle songs: Look At What I've Done, I Breathe In, I Breathe Out, What A Beautiful Day, Chicks Dig It, My Love Goes On And On, Laredo, Miss Me Baby, Little Sundress, What Kinda Gone

5 comments:

The O'Briens said...

I love it. Please tell me you donned Wranglers and boots?!

Steph and Andrew said...

Not even a mention about my mom....? :(

janers said...

Oh yeah...and Steph's mom was there...if the jury was out before, its in now....she's KRAZY. ;) Love ya wife!

Day late friend said...

Who is Chris Cagle is he a gangster rapper?

janers said...

Introducing the Dilly Dalley! ;) Welcome to MY world friend...;)