Friday, August 29, 2008

Sick or Just Tired?

What to do...

The last two day's I've been one step away from calling in sick to work. Am I sick? Well I'm exhausted...does that count? I really don't know what my deal is...I genuinely think I could sleep for three days with how tired I am.

So yesterday I had two client appointments scheduled, so I dragged my tired self to the shower and I arrived to work on time...I performed like a trained monkey during one client meeting, and I sat and smiled through another. I ho hummed through the in between stuff and I even managed to get a bit of work done. Go Me!

However today is a different story. I sluggishly hit the snooze button more times than I can count. I finally made it into work...only a half hour late. I sat and talked with the partners for an hour and a half, I've taken some calls, I've even cut a few checks. However beyond that I cant bring myself to do any real work. To my credit every time I try I hit a wall that would be harder to climb over than just wait till next week to finish. I'm tired and I'm burned out and I wanna sleep.

So am I sick? Maybe. But how do you call in sick to work on a Friday before a holiday? Ya don't. And how do you leave early on a Friday before a holiday with out everyone assuming your just a slacker trying to break free early? I'm still trying to figure that one out.

Grrrr....I hate this sluggish feeling that I have...I've not been able to shake my morning crankiness and I really want a cozy blanket and a pillow. Mostly I just wanna shut my eyes.

Weekend Plans: Nope, not catch up on my ZZZZ's but "Help Sissy Clean and Move." Exciting.

4 comments:

Cliff, Keri, Bode and Ryder said...

Your a super trouper!! I am sorry you had to work on my stuff instead of wrap up in a blanky. You deserve it- Take a day for you! Tell the Boss-Ass to go to hell for the day. I will go to work for you for the day. If it was just Mike it might work, but then again, if it was just Mike we wouldn't have this whole situation.

The O'Briens said...

Ouch. Sounds like you had a seriously crappy day!! I am so sorry! I think part of the reason you were having such a hard time waking up on Friday is because you got home so late from taking me and the man to Spanish Fork!! Thanks again. I hope you're feeling better.

Natalie Walker said...

Sick if Work day, I take them every once in a while.

Shawniezuu

ang said...

Wishing you a day off. Luv ya girlie! Ang