Monday, July 13, 2009

Shutters...

So most people have shutters outside their house. You know...around the windows. Good thing I'm not most people. Sadly the house I choose has no room for shutters around the windows...therefore I've had to improvise. And improvise I shall. About a month ago I ran across these great shutters in a consignment store in the avenues. I never remember the address, but its the upper avenues - great little place; on 9th I believe. So these little babies are going to be a wall of sorts in my very unfinished basement. My hopes are that these will be able to cover the unfinished plumbing and help me in my attempt to make the place livable while its still unfinished. We shall see. The greenish hue had to go...so I set after the first pair (I've only finished one of four pairs thus far...) with a mean handful of sand paper. After a hour or so I visited my local Lowe's and thanks to a gift card from Cousin Linsey I loaded up with some primer and chocolate spray paint.
My original hopes that these would be relatively easy did not prove to be the case. Actually they were an utter pain in the butt to spray. Shutters have tons of nooks and crannies and they took far more paint than I expected...but they turned out fairly well in the end. I look forward to the fully finished product, but first I must find the time to finish them.

2 comments:

heidikins said...

Love it!

xox

Natalie Walker said...

So cute! I'm impressed by your creative designing skills. You must watch HGTV?