Thursday, December 13, 2007

In A Nut Shell...

    Here are 30 things that you may or may not know about me!!!
  1. I shower in the dark 7 minutes start to finish...almost always...with only the glow of the nightlight to rouse me.

  2. I name inadamant objects: Larry the Laptop, Austin the Altima, Buttons the Bear...etc.

  3. I have a thing about purses, me not being so girly and all I don't usually love accessorising. However, I can always appreciate a great purse.

  4. I am attempting to be an artist. I hope to one day paint a picture worthy of hanging on a wall. I have always had a love for photography I want to one day sell my photographs.

  5. I like to be needed, I often think of myself as an enabler because of this.

  6. I like routine. I follow the exact same patterns week after week. Creature of Habit.

  7. I hate taking risks, due to the habit thing, and I hate change.

  8. I long to play the drums with real talent instead of just me banging away.

  9. I would rather have one quality friend to depend on that a variety of acquaintances. I have however been blessed with deep bonded friendships to a variety of great people and I am so grateful for each influence.

  10. I still cling to hope that the man that swept me off my feet when I was 18 will reappear in my life and marry me. However after 8 years my realistic mind tells me this will not likely happen.

  11. I take leisure baths, usually accompanied by a great book and a candle, still no lights.

  12. I plan to build my dream house one day and the bathroom will be AMAZING. It is my favorite room in the house.

  13. I fear disappointing the people I love most.

  14. I fell off a rope in second or third grade and blacked both my eyes and possibly broke my nose, however my nose carries no effects so it probably wasn't broken. Lucky for me, it was about a week before school pictures! YIKES.

  15. I am uncoordinated. My mom convinced my Pops to buy a trampoline when I was little to help me build some coordination. Seems as a child I used to trip on rocks and tree limbs. (I do not remember any of this...therefore I say its not really true.)

  16. I love a good chick flick that will jerk the tears. My favorite tear jerk movie moment (don't judge...) was on Armageddon when Bruce (the dad) says goodbye to Liv Tyler (the daughter) and she admits that when she said she didn't want to be like him she lied, because she is like him, and every good thing inside of her comes from him. I've seen this about a hundred and seven times, and yet, I still cry.

  17. I take song lyrics very seriously. I get this from my dad, for years I have heard him use song lyrics to express himself on deeper levels and it's a habit I've picked up.

  18. I want to learn ballroom dancing. (This was a desire long before the TV dance craze.)

  19. I have OCD tendencies, I like things neat, orderly and precise. However if you've ever seen my bedroom you'd never guess. My office portrays my inner self far better than my house does. I think this means that I need to adjust my home life, I just never make the time to organize my home the way I do my office.

  20. I hate being alone. There are moments for alone time; good book, drive in a car, shopping expeditions. However, for anything else I hate being alone.

  21. I am a touchy feely person. I love to be touched. I think touching is healthy. That said, creepy people should not touch me, some people aren't allowed into the bubble.

  22. I typically work best under duress. I like the feeling of a pressure cooker, as long as I know I'll get out eventually I can handle most stress. However, long term stress, such as I have now, grates on me and makes me very irritable and anxious.

  23. I have an absolute realistic fear of dieing in a car accident. I have graphic dreams of my own death and while driving I sometimes have strange flashes of myself driving over the edge of the road. (Does this say something about my irrational mindset? Bet you'll think twice about driving with me from now on!)

  24. My Dad is my Hero; If I could deal with life half as well as he does then I would consider myself a success, I always know how to put life back into perspective: Call Dad.

  25. My Mom is my Role Model; She is constantly thinking of and helping others. My mother is the model of Charity and Service. I long to be like her in this way and in many others.

  26. I used to want to be a English teacher, but soon decided that I can't stand teenagers. However, I will always idealize my toughest teacher and mentor Tracy Hughes.

  27. I have no desire to live abroad, I'd like to travel abroad with someone who has been there before and can show me the sights, but I have no desire to ever live outside the US.

  28. I categorize my life into pieces. I seldom show all faucets of my personalities to everyone I know. There aren't many people I am comfortable enough with to have them know me completely. Because of this, I fear mixing my friends.

  29. I am currently very discontent with my life as it is, however due to the fact that I hate change I am fighting an inner battle trying to distinguish what it is that I want most and how to go about accomplishing it and implementing the changes that will make me more content.

  30. I have a sure knowledge of the gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that I have a Father in Heaven who knows and loves me. He is mindful of my needs and he is teaching me patience through my trials. I am grateful for my knowledge of His existence and his love for me.

I hope you've all learned something about me that you didn't know before this post. It was far harder to write than I thought it would be...Does this post make up for the fact that I've almost completly given up on bloggin? I hope so.

8 comments:

A. Simpson said...

ooh I liked this posting. You are so thoughtful and insightful. Love ya, even if we hardly see each other.

Anonymous said...

haha! love it! And yes, I did learn something new. ;o)

xox

The O'Briens said...

I loved, loved, loved this blog...and it made me SO happy that I know you so well! There were a couple of things I didn't know.

The driving thing made me almost fall out of my chair. I do have the EXACT same thoughts and have always felt slightly psychotic as a result of those thoughts. :)

I, too, idolize my mom and when I need comfort, my dad knows just what to say. For Christmas my sister is having all of us write a letter to my mom and a letter to my dad. In Robby's letter to my dad he told him that he isn't allowed to die until he tells Robby exactly how to calm me down & that it isn't a talent he is allowed to take to the grave. :) He doesn't know it yet....but Robby knows what to say & do.

This is our week. I expect at least two nights with you since I didn't get one last week.

You are wonderful. I loved this blog and, yes, it did make up for your lack of blogging lately. :)

Anonymous said...

Jane! So you know I loved your blogg. I know I haven't been around for over a year! But please KNOW that I love you. I think of you often, especially know because I watch more football then I have ever in my life, and wonder how you are. I did learn a few things, some things I already knew, some things I guessed on my own and some things I had no idea. I think you are great and miss you.
Love ya tons!

Natalie Walker said...

I was your roomie and I still didn't know that you showered in the dark...probably because I could never drag myself out of bed early enough to realize that. I loved your list - I think I learned a few new things.

Ben said...

Hey Miss Skinner. I just wanted to stop by and say Merry Christmas!

Soccerbum said...

Nice!!!!

The O'Briens said...

I'm geting concerned. Your lack of posting is causing me to fear that your new job is draining you more than I realize!