Monday night, Ms Mands, Brette, Matt and Myself attended the Sweet Escape Tour featuring the Amazing Gwen Stefani and Akon. We had a blast and I have tons of pictures of Gwen to later add to this post, but was so busy screaming my head off I didn't capture Akon. I realize this concert was a stretch from my normal country roots, but as I've tried to convince many of you in the past, I may have been born country...but I'm versatile.Akon is an American R&B singer, rapper, songwriter
and record producer. Akon rose to fame in 2004 following the release of his single "Locked Up" from his debut album Trouble. His second album, Konvicted, earned him a Grammy Award nomination for the single "Smack That". He put on an amazing performance it was awesome.
Gwen Stefani, need I say more? No...but I will. The brunette gone blone is a fashion trendsetter with a rockin body and amazing talent. Frontwoman from the band No Doubt, Gwen recorded her first solo album Love. Angel. Music. Baby. in 2004. The album contains pop and dance tracks and influence from hip hop and R&B. Its third single "Hollaback Girl" became the first U.S. digital download to exceed sales of one million and "Cool" was one of 2005's most popular radio singles. The Sweet Escape (2006), Stefani's second solo album, was preceded by the single "Wind It The Concert was certainly worth the ticket price. We had 27th row floor tickets and a really good time. I'm still not sure who had the better abs, Gwen or Akon? It was quite a toss up!
Gwen and Akon Sweet Escape Lyrics:
4 comments:
good for you being versatile.
does he ever wear a shirt? not that i'm complaining, but seriously, does he?
does Akon ever wear a shirt? Well he does, but I dont recommend it! He took it ALL off during the concert...he blamed the heat, I say he was competing with Gwen for the best abs!
I am so jealous, I LOVE GWEN!!
Post a Comment