Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Boot Filled Boxes

Children make the comericalized part of christmas fun, with out them its just a bunch of overeating. This year the Brother and Brendy brought the girls in from Pocatello to spend the Christmas Eve with us. It was great. Now the Brother is the farthest thing from cowboy one can get, but Grandma and Grandpa are convinced to make little cowgirls out of the grandkids yet! So for christmas this year...it was boots all around! Well mostly all around, there are the occasional standoffs, such as the Brother and Skye and Robert who refuse to come back to their roots. But I think after seeing sissy's boots Skye might just be changing her tune! Now these cowboy boots aren't what you are imaging in your head of old brown boring boots. We're talking FUN boots...Sissy's are GREEN, Brettly's red/black, Drew's are Blue, Brendy's sparkle black, and Syd and Andi were pleased as punch to have PINK boots! So were a very styling family. Now since these really are a must fit item they were purchased in November with everyone present. But children forget! How fun for us to see them get all excited all over again. When Andi (3) first picked out her pink boots she was very very disappointed when they went back into the box and she couldn't "take tags off" So she was ELATED to find "MY BOOTS!" Now boots were not enough for this little chick, so Ma bought her the cutest little pink outfit ever, I am including my favorite pic! My favorite reaction came from the sister-in-law though...she did not expect to be receiving boots, so when she opened the box to find just that she also squealed with delight! Ha. What a memory that will always be! Her very first boots at the age of what...27? ADORABLE. Every christmas should be filled with such delight!

3 comments:

Ben said...

So what about your boots Janey? (Can I call you Janey by the way?)

I think the last time I had a pair (of boots) was when I was 5. I got them while I was visiting Grandpa richards in TX.

Anonymous said...

In order to hear about my boots, please visit previous post THINK PINK and you will learn all you should know about my new stylish ways. Just so happens that My brithday is around thanksgiving...so I GOT to "take tags off" way back then!

Janey is reserved for those who I truely like...and you being a JELLO man certainly qualify! Welcome to MY WORLD Ben...careful, there is little escape!

Anonymous said...

Awwwww, they're pretty for you!