Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Takin' the Risks

Here at Las Vegas Flamingo (my home for the week) they have a new invention I haven't seen anywhere else. Its a video type of roulette. And yes...Guilty as charged I played. I had a blast! Instead of having people crawling all over you to place their bets you all sit at your own monitors and place your bets. It keeps a nice tally of your winnings or losses up in the corner and you play till you run dry. What is it that they say? You never walk away a winner? Well, I think that I came out at least even. I sat down at 6 and I didn't leave till around 9. I threw out $30 and I took $30 away so that's EVEN. I was up to $25o at one point...why didn't I have the sense to walk away at that point? Cause there is always a chance to win just a bit more...I guess that's why they call it gambling then huh? I made some great friends while I sat there and we all had a blast. They busted as I was starting to spiral downhill. They changed dealers on me...and wham! Its all it took...I was dry. So being smart...I walked away with what I at least put in. Cant say I didn't enjoy myself. Cant say I wont go back. But for the record I did stay way from all things tempting today.

No comments: